Take a look...
Perforce integration for Shotgun is in private beta now and will be available for public beta the week of March 17. Sign up here and we’ll email you the link to download and become part of the program. Or, keep your eye on our blog for availability news.
If you’re going to GDC (March 17-21 in San Francisco) we’re showing Shotgun/Perforce integration there -- we’ll be in the Perforce booth (824) Friday 10-12 and in a suite at the Four Seasons all week. Email us if you want to come by and see it or if you want to set up a private demo in our fancy hotel suite.
See it in action at GDC!
How does Perforce integration help game development go faster?This new tool connects some important dots for everyone on the team that saves precious time.
- Artists can check assets in and out of Perforce directly from within Maya, Photoshop and other top tools, using Shotgun’s artist-friendly user interface – never having to leave their creative applications.
- Managers can easily connect art-tracking data such as character art lists and tasks directly to Perforce check-ins in each asset’s update stream, to keep teams apprised of latest versions. Reports based on Perforce check-ins and the option to query and drill down into check-ins provide access to asset details.
- Pipeline engineers can leverage the growing library of Shotgun Toolkit applications -- launchers, loaders, publishers, asset browsers and more; with source available on GitHub -- to customize, extend, and build essential artist tools quickly and deploy them rapidly to their teams. Shotgun provides frameworks to handle Perforce interaction so engineers don’t have to start from scratch.
- Leads have immediate access when the review process and notes from Shotgun are connected to the assets checked into Perforce. Studios can link reviewable media with Perforce check-in and/or automate the creation of reviewable media with check-in.
- All project participants can see important asset information such as creative briefs and notes in the same location as the Perforce check-ins. Through an automatic project update feed, thumbnail images for each check-in are created and added into Shotgun’s update streams so everyone can see the latest version of any specific asset or across the entire project in a familiar social-media style feed.
Support for Shotgun/Perforce integration is a free software update to Shotgun’s Pipeline Toolkit for all clients.
Get more info on Perforce at perforce.com.