They said if you build it, they will come, and you have! It’s hard to believe six months have passed since we launched the Shotgun Forum, but it’s true. And just as we predicted, the Shotgun community of users is strong, curious, funny, and eager to learn from one another.
Here are just a few of the hot topics and trending themes for November. If any of these sound familiar, you may want to check out what people are saying.
- Playing mov in Shotgun Create
- Template.yml per-project includes
- AMI Custom Protocol Handlers and the registry
- Shotgun-aware Hiero Export to multiple storage roots
- Installing apps from github
And the Oscar for Most Active Topics goes to:
- Adoption challenges
- Python API (< 3.0.37) deprecation & Direct Upload to S3
- Distributed Config and Render Farm Setup
- Getting started with OCIO in RV
- Great Communication & Notification Experience with Shotgun
In other community news, here are a few of the highlights:
- Following his Shotgun for Games webinar, Jon Jones hosted a Q&A session that ran the remainder of the week. This helped answer follow-up questions and gave those watching the recording a chance to engage. Click here to download the webinar on demand.
- We’ll be holding our annual, one-day hackathon with the team and this year, we’ll highlight the winners on the Forum. Apparently the traditional prize of a HoneyBaked Ham has become a bit too much for Santa to, well, hack, so this year’s winner will receive something much less awkward and slippery. Feeling nostalgic about hackathons from the days of yore? Here you go: 2013, 2014, 2015. Good times.
- Shayna’s been busy making Shotgun How-to Videos and posting them to the Forum. Watch each series and post to the related Forum topic to earn a community badges. Yes, this is just like the Boy Scouts, only for VFX.
And finally, to accommodate everyone's busy holiday schedule, we've combined Forum Fridays for November and December, so this month the Shotgun team will be available to chat on the Forum all day on December 13.