In the RV 7.7. release on March 12 we extended our SDI coverage, so you can now take advantage of the latest hardware from AJA Video Systems and Blackmagic Design via our integration of their most recent SDK's, 15 and 11.5 respectively. Also with this release, we support Kona 5 from AJA, which delivers advanced features including multichannel 4K I/O , and 6G-SDI & 12G-SDI connectivity.
For Blackmagic, we now include the Desktop Video 11.5 update with support for such recent devices as UltraStudio 4K Mini, UltraStudio 4K Extreme, DeckLink 8K Pro, and DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G. We’re also beginning to investigate new codecs for streaming such as AV1, which have the promise of delivering great performance and reduced file size. With RV 7.7, we've included decode of AV1 and will be continuing to investigate how AV1 can improve our playback experience.
What does all of that actually mean?
- Better support of 4K DCI resolutions with the BMD DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K (RGB and YUV)
- Improved cache performance with movie formats
- Now invoking the details pane before enabling browser no longer breaks the details pane
- Now source tiling mode no longer shows black line between tiles with specific resolutions
- RV is no longer acquiring the AJA card by default on Linux, which resolves the poor playback performance issue on Linux
And as a bonus, we’ve improved some caching performance with movie formats.